SENDirect membership is a bit different
By being a member, you will be able to market your services cost effectively. Our inbuilt invoicing systems will save you both time and money on administration. But this isn’t all that being member of SENDirect is about.
SENDirect is a movement to change the way things are put together for families of children with additional needs. Giving choice and control to families is at the heart of everything SENDirect does.
Members have agreed to be part of the SENDirect pledge to follow a code of conduct, promising to follow a best practice approach to personalising their services – that is, allowing families to talk to them, to explain their needs and to work together to create suitable support and activities.
Our members will lead the way in improving the lives of children with additional needs by working to fill gaps in provision – we will help you do that by giving you access to what families are telling us with their searches and reviews. We will also use this information to help you raise awareness of unmet needs with commissioners, both locally and nationally.
We have different levels of membership depending on what suits you, but every package will include:
- A set number of service listings on the SENDirect website
- A 5% discount on additional listings
- Permission to use the SENDirect logo on marketing and publicity materials, which indicates that the provider has committed to the SENDirect Code of Conduct
- A quarterly newsletter featuring best practice and learning from other members
- Opportunity to contribute to SENDirect’s campaigning activities by sharing issues affecting your organisation
- Optional bulk upload service to support organisations with a particularly large number of services
At the higher levels of membership, providers gain:
- Access to a personalised dashboard supplying real time data related to viewings, purchases, and ratings of your listed services to help you improve quality and reach
- Opportunity to exercise strategic influence over SENDirect’s publicity and campaigning activities, harnessing the power of our provider network to improve services for people
- Invitation to attend market shaping, networking, and publicity events (e.g. white paper launches and national conferences)