In 2013, nine of the leading national disability charities came together to help families with disabled children get better access to the products and services that could make a real difference to their quality of life.
By investing their own resources, alongside key grants from the Departments of Health and Education, SENDirect was born.
Our idea was simple:
We wanted families to be able to find the activities and support that suit their interests, preferences, lifestyle and budget, and that can make adjustments to support any additional needs they have. And we wanted it to be easy.
So, together with parent carers we co-produced SENDirect – an online market place designed to give families more purchasing power through their strength in numbers and increased transparency of provision. Finding the right after school club, holiday cottage, personal assistant or childcare shouldn’t be a full time job – but parents tell us it is.
SENDirect wants to change this.
Our online service allows parents and professionals to:
- See what choices are available to them, how much they cost and what other people think of them
- Find information about their legal rights
- Look at guidance on how to tell if an activity or service might be worth trying for their child
- Speak directly to activity providers about adapting services to suit their exact needs
- Help create suitable new services where currently there are none
- Shape and buy activities, support and equipment easily online